“I will always be grateful that God blessed my life with Cathy for the last 25 years and she will always be a big part of my life. She was my best friend, confidant, and wonderful Mother to our daughters. I cannot imagine a finer wife or mother. Cathy lived every day to the fullest, full of love, energy, compassion, faith, and commitment, never putting her personal needs or wishes first. Her courage and dignity in facing life’s adversity and pain were inspirational to her family and all who knew her. I selfishly prayed for a physical miracle and physical healing for Cathy; God has healed her in His own way and I am confident she is enjoying the miracle of her salvation. Cathy was major part of every success I have enjoyed in my life and career…I know there will be times when I am lonely, but I will never be alone, she will always be my guardian angel.” - Jeff Wepner
Mary McQuiston, AF Family friend (Spangdahlem, Germany, Scott AFB, IL) and Bunko Partner
- Cathy told me “Jeff is my greatest joy; my girls are my greatest accomplishment”
Sally Duffy, AF Family friend and one of Cathy’s breast cancer mentorees
- “Cathy gave me so much of herself even when times were tough for her she still gave me encouragement. I pray that I was able to give back to her even a portion of the friendship, love and support she gave to me. Her smile was sunshine and her spirit inspirational. My life is richer for having known her. I am glad to know she went peacefully, at home, surrounded by love. She held tightly to her faith and I know that Jesus holds her in his arms and one day we will see her again. She will always hold a special place in our hearts.”
Tony McPherson, Family friends from Maine, they bought our house when we left Maine…They will be planting an apple tree in Cathy’s memory.
Cathy’s Aunt Carolyn: “She will always live in our hearts and I for one will always remember her beautiful smile. I loved that about her. Always a big grin on her face. She wasn't no downer, she was a picker upper. Suck it up and get moving.”
Dearest Jeff and Family,We just wanted to express our deepest condolences on the death of Cathy. She was truly an inspirational person, and we know that she provided our Dad, Bobby D. Hawley, with a tremendous amount of comfort during his illness. For that we will be eternally grateful. We thank you for allowing us to share her, and we know that she will be looking after you and the girls until she is reunited w/ you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in these coming days. Our Love, Hope and Nicolle and families
Thank you, Hope Aikens/Nicolle Madkour
Cathy will be missed. Cathy was a great second mom to Jackie and I loved her for that. May God be with you all at this time. We will see Cathy again in Heaven and I know she is looking down and smiling on all of us. Thank you, Janet Hinskey