Monday, February 4, 2008

A Gift from Above

Written by one of Cathy's friends (and former employer) Dana, on the plane home after Cathy's funeral.

As I sit on the airplane, still holding the angel figurine you gave me, I just had to share this with you.

And I needed to thank you AND Cathy for my angel.

As you know, you handed the angel figurine to me as we were leaving the church. Once Doug and I sat in the car, I turned to Doug and told him, "During the visitation when I was walking around looking at the flowers, the photos and everything, I noticed an angel, 'this angel', and it caused me to pause. I thought to myself, I would like to have that angel.

Doug kind of chuckled and said, when I was walking around, I stopped to look at that angel and I thought to myself, 'Dana would like to have that angel."

Out of everything there we were both drawn to this one angel.

I looked at Doug and I said, "I think Cathy gave this to me to let me know that she knows that I was here." (And Jeff, I can't tell you just how much that meant to me.)

And more so, I've always called Cathy "my angel" and I believe this is also meant to let me know that my angel is still watching over me.

Thank you so much for making Doug and I feel so welcome.
Just as like Cathy, your family's kindness, strength and faith inspired us.

God Bless,

Dana & Doug


______________


Doug and I went to church tonight (Doug was out of town yesterday and missed service).

Services here start with worship and the first song was one of my favorites "Days of Elijah (Behold He Comes)". As I sang the song, with my hands reaching up, I felt as if Cathy took my left hand in hers and was singing right beside me. The next song played, "Open the Eyes of My Heart". Doug just looked at me and smiled.

When worship was over, our minister began to preach. First thing out of his mouth, "Isaiah 40:28-31". I looked at Doug and asked, isn't that the first scripture listed as one of Cathy's favorites? He said, "..wings like eagles..., yes that is the one."

God is so amazing, so good.

Doug and I loved spending time with your family.

Thank you for everything.