Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sunrise in Iraq...





You know, for a woman who was no fan of early morning rising, Cathy loved sunrises....And we were blessed to be able to share sunrises together around the world. I cannot see a sunrise and not think of Cathy, and the wonderful sunshine she brought into the lives of all those she met, but no one more than me. As I find myself in Iraq for a second tour of duty, I know it will be more difficult this go-around because I cannot look forward to all the e-mails she would send me each day just to let me know how much she loved me, supported me, and missed me...But I know she is so happy for me to get another opportunity to do something I love to do and to have the honor of serving my country and lead great American Airmen in a combat zone...And how proud she is of Meaghan, Rebecca, and Kimberly pulling closer together once again as a family while their Dad goes "off to war". As I am so very proud of them too, knowing it is more difficult for them this go-around not having Mom around to let them know everything is going to be all right with Dad...We each have her strength to get us through the long days and separation of thousands of miles...And I still share our sunrises...