
"For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh" Genesis 2:24
Cathy had this passage highlighted in her Bible...We never discussed it, but I have been thinking about it quite a bit these last few months.
As you look at this picture, I'd like you to keep two things in mind. First, this was just a few days after Cathy's surgery that amputated her leg, but you could never tell it by her demeanor or the way she continued to live her life. What amazing spirit and strength!
Second, and not so easy to tell from a photograph, is her complete faith and trust in me as a husband and caretaker. Prior to this surgery, I carried her from place to place, but it was a little more awkward because I carried her in front of me.
We had lots of fun with the piggyback rides, and it was an honor to take care of Cathy...While I cannot say that I always deserved the faith and trust Cathy put in me, I can say that I have a better understanding of why she highlighted that verse and how she lived her life true to the meaning of that verse every day for over 24 years...